Sticky Casino Bonuses

Online casinos offer bonuses as a way to set themselves apart from each other. These are used as ways to attract new customers to the casino and to keep existing customers from leaving the casino. Casinos were once much freer with their bonus offers than they are today. Casino bonus hunting is the practice of searching for the best casino bonuses and maximizing your winnings from the bonuses alone. As casino bonus hunting grew in popularity, online casinos began to take note and started to find ways to make bonus hunting less attractive by making it more difficult to cash out bonus money through low risk gambling at the casino. One of the ways that they did this was by creating the concept of the sticky bonus.

What are Sticky Casino Bonuses?

Sticky casino bonuses are otherwise known as phantom bonuses. Officially, these bonuses are called non-cashable bonuses by the casino or are described as "for wagering purposes only." These bonuses cannot be withdrawn from the players account. The bonus amount is stuck in the account until it is lost completely or until the players makes a withdrawal and the bonus is lost – disappears like a phantom. In the first type of sticky bonus, the bonus amount will remain stuck in your account, but you can continue to use it to place bets until the amount is lost entirely or until it reaches its pre-set expiration date. In the other type of sticky bonus, once you make your first withdrawal from your account, the bonus amount will disappear. It is as if you hold two different accounts – a casino bonus account and a deposit account. While you can't cash out the bonus amount itself, you can use it to win money that can be cashed out.

The Advantages of Sticky Casino Bonuses

At first glance it may seem that there are few advantages to a sticky casino bonus - a bonus that cannot be withdrawn, but that is not necessarily the case. A stick casino bonus is usually larger than a non-sticky bonus. While it may be common to find 100% match deposit bonuses for non-sticky bonuses, it is not difficult to find 300% or more in sticky casino bonuses. Another advantage lies in the wagering requirements for the bonus. A non-sticky casino bonus may have a wagering requirement of 20 or 30 the bonus amount times before your winnings can be withdrawn, while the sticky bonus may have a wagering requirement of as low as four times. You may also find that unlike the non-sticky bonus bonuses, you can fulfill you wagering requirements on any game at the casino. This means that you are not limited to certain games and do not have to keep track of what you are playing on. Another advantage comes when you have completed the wagering requirements for the bonus. If you lose and you were playing with a sticky casino bonus, the bonus amount remains in your account. This money can continue to be used to place bets which gives you a chance to get out of your loss.

The Risk of Sticky Casino Bonuses

As sticky casino bonuses generally offer much higher percentage bonuses, you may be tempted to deposit a much larger sum into your casino account in order to take advantage of the high percentage. The flip side of having the chance to win large amounts of money is the risk of losing large amounts of money.

For a player who plays conservatively and bets small amounts of money over long periods of time, the sticky bonus is risky. Because of the negative mathematical expectations in any casino game, if you play slowly, you will only lose slowly, but you will certainly lose in the long term.

How to Play a Sticky Casino Bonus

In order to maximize your profits from a sticky casino bonus, you need to play the casino games aggressively. This can translate to an all-or-nothing approach to gambling. If you have a $100 bonus and $100 of your deposit you are playing with $200. If you bet the entire amount on chance you will have a 49% probability of winning $200 and a 51% probability of losing $200 ($100 bonus and $100 deposit). The stake has a positive mathematical expectation for you – ($200*0.49)-($200*0.51)=$47

If you find that you are winning early on, you can always cut down your bets and fulfill the rest of the wagering requirements through small bets in order to protect your winnings.

Most popular casino bonuses

Casino No Deposit
Lucky Creek Casino $50
InetBet Casino $10
Zodiac Casino $20
Malibu Club $25
Sloto' Cash Casino $31
Miami Club Casino $10
Mummys Gold  
Slotland Casino  
7 Sultans Casino  
Spin Palace Casino  

The Royal Vegas casino is one of those online casinos you never get bored with. This award winning casino is part of the Fortune Lounge group of online casinos and has been around since the year 2000. It has everything a player might wish for – a great interface, cool promotions, large array of games, complete security, and much more. It is licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and certified for fairness by eCOGRA.

Here are a few reasons why you should play at the Royal Vegas casino: the exciting software from Microgaming, a range of more than 390 games including slots, table games, card games, specialty games, and mammoth progressive jackpots, superb customer support in multiple languages available 24x7, multiple deposit options, fast payouts, and some exciting promotions.

The promotions at the Royal Vegas casino include a stunning welcome bonus of up to €1,200 across your first six deposits, a chance to play in the International Slots League, International Blackjack League, and International Casino Games, a cool referral bonus, and other exciting promotions updated regularly.